Monday, February 04, 2008

Fresh cheese vs cream cheese

In German, there is no word for cream cheese.
Instead of cream cheese, it is "fresh cheese" in German.
If someone tells you that they just buy "fresh cheese", then you know that they mean cream cheese.

Back at home, we only have cream cheese from Philadelphia (from Kraft company). And also only one flavor (plain). I used to put in on the top of my toast or bread and then slices banana on it.

You may be not familiar with this kinda way to eat cream cheese, but it's tasty :D

Last nite, I went to Kaufland (big supermarket in Germany), I saw Philadelphia "Frischkaese" (Philadelphia 'fresh cheese'). I was wondering since when there was Philadelphia 'Fresh cheese'.
Then I looked at it closely, weeeeeeeeeeee I just realized that it was no fresh cheese, but cream cheese that I ate a lot !!!!

I love love love love cream cheese, but back at home we only have 1 kind and also not too many kinds of flavors (as I know). But in Europe, especially in Germany, and Netherlands, there are many kinds of cream cheese and lots kinds of flavors.
I just bought Buro (Indian curry) and Tex-mex cream cheese. It sounds crazy to you, but really it's delicious.

For you who also love cream cheese, check it here on wikipedia.


So, Frischkaese (German) = cream cheese (English).

Oh, there is also another kind: Quark (German) = curd cheese (English)

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresia Maria said...

Enakan mana ama keju Gouda?...:P

6:18 PM  
Blogger Herman Saksono said...

Jadi pengen makan cream cheese...

5:06 AM  
Blogger Xty said...

Tiwi ---> dua duanya hehehe :P

Herman ---> iya nih enak lho :D

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home